Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Oklahoma Springtime

I await spring the way most folks look forward to Christmas. The sunshine, warmth, the smells, and the beautiful flowers are just a few things that generate joy for me. But my big love...the storms! Yes, tornadoes can be scary, but after being raised here and living the majority of my adult life here, the storms are what makes it exciting! Maybe even more so now that I am a photographer. I took these photos on Good Friday and can't wait for another major system to blow in so I can photograph it. Hope you enjoy!
 These guys chased me to my car! I finally got brave enough to turn around and snap some photos. Maybe they were hungry. This is at Lake Stanley Draper. Normally that would be water behind them, but they drained some water to do some improvements to the lake. I'm sure the drought has taken it's toll as well.
 This photo is a hybrid between two photos. There are two layers of clouds. The original clouds that were in the horse photo and a photo of clouds taken over my house later that evening. I like the way the two melded.
This photo also has two different shots. The clouds were taken from my front yard and the horses are taken on Indian Hills Road in Norman.

No comments:

Post a Comment