Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Oh how I love to repurpose

I've been really busy lately! My daughter got married and boy what a task! She was beautiful, the wedding was beautiful...I was a blubbering mess!  We used vintage sheets for her wedding.  I am starting to repurpose some of them.  My mother-in-law's birthday is tomorrow, so I made her some hankies from the sheets.  They are nice and soft. Here is one of them:

My ironing board broke awhile back. I decided to get a small one instead of the large one I used to have.  I found one at the thrift store, but it didn't have a cover.  Between getting it covered and needing to iron again, I decided to go ahead and get a large one and find a way to store it better.  I took the small one, added a padding I found from the thrift store and a burlap sack I had in the shed.  I think it matches perfectly!
Now if I can just get that loveseat covered that my husband picked up for me at ...you guessed it....a thrift store! The chair and tractor tire photo is one that I took and had printed as a poster print. I've had the scale for a while. I finally found one at an antique show here in OKC.  I had been looking for one for quite awhile.  I was wanting it for baby photos.  I haven't done any since I got it, but I did take a adorable photo of my new granddaughter with it.

 Well, off to pintrest to see what I can do next. Hope I don't get addicted to browsing before I get another craft done!

No comments:

Post a Comment