Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Off to the flea market!

I went to the flea market at the county fairgrounds this last weekend. I wasn't sure what I was looking for ... but I never am! They had some really great stuff. I'm trying real hard not to buy anything big that I will have to move when we get our new house, so I had to pass up on a couple of larger items. Then I spotted them...two replicas from my childhood. Pinkie and Blue Boy, at least that's what I called them. I'm not sure the real names of the sculptures, but my mom had them sitting beneath the paintings of Pinkie and Blue Boy, so I guess I just went with that. Anyways, I practically ran toward them so I could get them before someone else. It didn't matter how much the vendor wanted for them, they were mine! Just as I picked them up an older man walked up and told me everything on the table was ONE DOLLAR!!!  I couldn't believe I was actually getting a good deal on something I wanted so much.  I also found a ceramic gentleman that would fit nicely somewhere in my house (that's what I told myself anyways). I gladly forked over the 3 bucks.

The 50 year old (1962 stamp on the back) duo needed a little work and I was all too happy to oblige.

This is them, with some great textures by Kim Klassen. I used the "not so shabby" texture and the "simplicity" texture.

Here are the before and after photos:


I had painted the pink roses before I remembered I wanted to take a photo of them before. They were both solid gold. The sculptures are 6" x 10 1/2".

Added to Texture Tuesday on 02/21/2012! 
Texture Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. great finds from the flea market and perfect for the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, they are just beautiful!
    How fortunate you were to find these.

    ReplyDelete